Does your sales strategy look a lot like ‘Insanity” – doing the same thing and expecting different results? This is an old saying. I think attributed to Albert Einstein (or at least that’s what the internet said). Whoever said it, the idea is true. If you want different, better, easier, more profitable results you need to do something different than what you’ve been doing.
So, let me ask you this: “What sales strategy are you going to implement now that will generate better results next year?”
Here are a few suggestions:
- Do more sales training
- Get your sales people to role play with each other presenting your boats
- Create a 12 to 15 step auto-responder system
- Start using a relationship building newsletter
- Communicate more frequently and better with past clients (and service, parts, storage, etc)
- Improve the efficiency of your service and parts department
- Implement that one idea you’ve been thinking about (talking about) for the past 5 years… test it, try it, do something more than just thinking about it!
All too often when I talk with dealers, it’s not that no one has good ideas. It comes down to no one has the time to sit down and actually put a new sales strategy in place.
During a Boot Camp a few weeks ago, a client told me just that. He said, “Matt, we’ve been talking about doing the exact stuff you teach for years. But, it wasn’t until we asked you for help that it is getting implemented.”
Now, that’s a great feeling. But, for this dealer (and all the boot camp participants), there are over 25 things that are done or getting done this year that will lead to 2018 being an ENORMOUS year.
Block out a couple of days, make a plan and get to work on that one thing that will make a difference in your dealership.
Get it started and don’t stop until you have it fully implemented and ready to have a positive impact on 2018! That is how you can ensure next year will be fantastic.