In this episode, you will discover how to sell more fishing boats, whether they are fresh or saltwater ones.
- How the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF) is positioned to support your local marketing efforts with tons of fantastic resources to promote boating and fishing
- How your local presence can be used as a valuable tool to differentiate versus the competition Tips and strategies from Frank’s decades of sales and marketing success
- An eye-opening story of Frank’s car sales success as a young college kid
- The stinky prospect who turned out to be a high-value buyer and why many other salespeople may have missed the opportunity
- Tons of links and resources that you should be using and tips for implementing them in your boat business
- How the 60 in 60 initiative is gaining traction to help build the industry by introducing more people to the boating and fishing lifestyle
- What the RBFF is doing with their R3 program to recruit, reactivate and retain a diverse range of people to the boating and fishing lifestyle
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
Take Me Fishing Social Media
Vamos a Pescar Social Media
Boat Dealer Profits Resources
Frank Peterson of the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation
Our guest today is Frank Peterson, the President and CEO of the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation. Frank has an extensive and highly productive career in corporate America, including Mobil Oil’s US Marketing and refining segments. Having led enormous growth at Marketing General where as VP, he was directly involved in the RBFF campaigns and major revenue growth.
And today, RBFF initiatives developed and managed under Peterson’s leadership have contributed to marked increases in fishing license sales, attracted millions of new anglers to fishing, and helped grow the percentage of adults who participate in recreational boating to record numbers. Plus, they are not stopping there and we’ll talk about some of the goals Frank and his team have to continue that growth.